Visit my Website • Find me on Facebook • Find me on Twitter

Saturday, October 1, 2011

WASHINGTON CAPITALS FOR ON TAP MAGAZINE

donner_caps1
donner_caps2
donner_caps3
donner_caps4
donner_caps5
donner_caps6

This month’s issue of On Tap magazine features the Washington Capitals and several of my photos from a shoot earlier in the month. This, like some of the other sports shoots I have done, was put together quickly and I had no idea what the location looked like or how much time I would have with the players. So once I arrived at the Kettler Center, where the team practices, I had to make some quick decisions and do some creative problem solving with the equipment I had brought.

I only had a few minutes with each of the four players being profiled—Mike Green, Karl Alzner, Mike Knuble, and Troy Brouwer. They were all friendly and easy to work with, no huge egos to contend with, just regular guys who are really good at hockey.

Of course, there are million things I would have done differently with more time to plan, with more time with the players, or several assistants helping me with the gear. But the important thing is that I got the shots I needed and the client is happy.

Also, it turns out that the public can drop in and watch the Caps practice any time! While waiting around between shots I jumped in the press box in between benches (no protective glass from the rink… yikes!) and got a few photos of the practice session.

Don’t forget to pick up a copy of the magazine at your favorite restaurant or bar in DC, Maryland or Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment