Visit my Website • Find me on Facebook • Find me on Twitter

Saturday, October 8, 2011

SECOND SHOOTING


For wedding photography I always recommend to couples that they consider investing in a wedding collection that includes a second photographer. Part of the reason is selfish. It’s much easier to document a wedding when there are two people. Everything happens so fast and it’s difficult to be in the right place at the right time, every time. But there are lots of other reasons that make sense for couples that can afford it. The second photographer can get important photos that I can’t. For example, I can’t photograph the bride with her father before she walks down the aisle AND the look on the groom’s face when he sees his bride for the first time. Or, photos of the bride & groom alone AND the guests mingling at a cocktail hour. He or she also cuts down the time it takes to wrangle people and set up the family / formal photos, provides additional angles for important moments, lends some extra creativity, and helps me carry heavy stuff. All of this makes me happy. And I take better photos when I’m happy.

Assisting a photographer for a wedding is not always an easy job. I did it a few times when I was young, for an aunt that shot weddings. It’s important to find someone that is dependable, professional, friendly, creative, flexible and hard working. How they interact with your clients and guests at a wedding is very important because they affect your brand and how people view your business.

One of my favorite photographers to work with is Beki. She brings a positive attitude and a creative eye and makes sure that my clients are enjoying their experience being photographed. Beki just about has her website up, but until then, you can see some of her really cool photography work here.

We took some of these portraits in my office—just for fun!
donner_beki1
donner_beki2
donner_beki3
donner_beki4

1 comment:

  1. I love how you capture the personality of Beki. The shots you took of her feel like you can see inside her soul! The close-up is the best. Clarity is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete