Visit my Website • Find me on Facebook • Find me on Twitter

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

GETTING CRAFTY WITH TOMS

donner_toms1
donner_toms2
donner_toms3
donner_toms4
donner_toms5
donner_toms6

So by now most people know about Toms, the shoe company that manufactures extremely simple shoes and distributes them to needy children around the world. For every pair that is purchased, they give one pair away. Pretty cool, right?

These shoes are literally a blank canvas. It didn’t take long before people discovered that they could be hand painted and infinitely customized. My sister discovered this before I did and soon dropped off a pair for me to do “whatever I wanted.”

I chose to do this peacock theme based off an illustration I saw earlier this year and picked colors that I knew Stephanie would like and wouldn’t be too different from stuff she would wear anyway.  The paint is regular acrylic paint that I have used for other painting projects. I know that eventually the shoes will wear out and the design will be faded so I took a few photos to document my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment