Visit my Website • Find me on Facebook • Find me on Twitter

Thursday, August 15, 2013

PHOTOGRAPHY LEARNING ON CRAFTSY.COM


craftsy_learn_make_logo_RGB

I’ve recently started doing some blogging for Craftsy.com, a website where people go to learn about all sorts of things from professionals or others who are highly qualified at their craft. They started with online classes for traditional crafts like sewing, quilting, knitting and cake decorating. Over the past few months they have begun a photography blog aimed at beginners through advanced amateurs, and I am one of several photographers who contribute. Check out my posts!

So far, I’ve written on the following topics:


I’m pretty much able to write about whatever topics I find interesting or I think will be helpful to people. I'm posting at least once a week. What topics do you think I should write about?  What things do you feel like you need to know to take your photography to the next level? I don’t keep the ways I work secret—I’ll share any information on my process, equipment or techniques!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nick! I saw your post on Facebook & am interested as I'm taking photography classes. I would love to know how to optimize indoor lighting and any techniques for working with/around shadows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some on-camera flash stuff just went up on their site. I think I'll write about using a reflector next week! That will help with shadows.

      Delete
  2. They just opened up an office across the street from my office, I was wondering what they did

    ReplyDelete