Visit my Website • Find me on Facebook • Find me on Twitter

Sunday, December 26, 2010

SEATTLE SOUTH

donner_montana1
donner_montana2
Extreme weather has made this an interesting Christmas vacation. I was excited to leave DC, which still had snow on the ground when I left for some warmer California weather. And while it's been warmer (relative to DC) it has rained almost every day! One of the local radio DJs starting calling Los Angeles "Seattle South." And now, due to a "major" snowstorm in the East, my flight back home has been cancelled.
Despite the rain, the time with my family has been wonderful and I even got a day to break away for some alone time in San Luis Obispo. The rain let up for an afternoon and I spent some time at MontaƱa de Oro state park, sitting on one of my favorite beaches. The rock on the right side of the picture is where I spent a lot of time during my college years thinking and praying, standing in awe of the God that I believe created that place with it's pelicans and otters and the powerful waves and fiery sunsets. My friend Ron and I used to just call it "The Spot." There's nothing else quite like it—and it was good to be back.

1 comment: